After waiting until the last minute last year and paying for it in more ways than one, I decided to get my plane tickets home for Christmas earlier than usual and I'm glad I did! I got nonstop flights there and back without having to spend a small fortune. I'm so excited now! It's still two months away but I can't wait! (And on a side note after my flight home was cancelled after spending almost all of Christmas Eve standing in line at O'Hare, I called Delta and complained...a LOT. As a result I got a $350 credit towards a ticket. So remember folks, sometimes it pays to complain!)
4 comments:
i LOVE complaining about missing flights. i mean, missing flights sucks (especially when you have kids) but it makes it so much sweeter when you're getting paid for it! i once missed a day of work when i lived in rexburg and i called to see what they would do for me. the lady told me they didn't compensate for lost wages, but they would give me a free round trip ticket. yeah, missing making $80 at work was worth getting a $300 plane ticket paid for...
good job. i don't know why more people don't do it. they must be too classy :) you're truly my kind of girl.
You and me know how to do it! I was amazed at how quickly they said, ok, here, have a free ticket. I am definitely not above an angry phone call :-)
350 is a HUGE credit! Wow. You really know how to complain :) Once delta ripped my suitcase, my dad went crazy, and all they did was repair. Ben used to fly every week and one time he had to sleep in the aiport or something like that and all he got was 200...you should feel good about that :) very classy :)
may have stretched the truth and told them my Christmas was ruined and I spent Christmas day in the airport :-S In my defense, they gave my seat away and told me I didn't get there early enough. I'd been there for 5 hours! Keepin it classy ;-)
Post a Comment