This is me and my little car during happier times.
Now, though, it's cursed. I've gotten in 2 pretty bad wrecks in as many months. And in case you're wondering, neither one was my fault! Unfortunately the law didn't agree with me for one of them, but we all know the truth :-) So the first one, a lady in a huge SUV (packed to the brim with junk, I might add) crossed over into my lane. (Who went into whose lane first was the subject of controversy. In the end 7 witnesses said it was my fault... impossible unless all 7 were in the car directly behind me and only 2 people, not 7, stopped.) We were both going about 80 on the freeway. I went spinning across 4 lanes of traffic and landed, considerably shaken, in a ditch facing the oncoming traffic. Luckily I landed in the ditch and didn't stall in the middle of the freeway, or I would have for sure been a goner, esp since a semi and a ton of other cars were headed straight for me. But I drove away (yes drove!) without a scratch. Three weeks later I got my car back. **As a funny side note, Jake and I were in the car about a month earlier and he said something about my driving. I told him I'd never been in an accident to which he immediately replied, "How many have you caused?"**
A short month after that I got read ended on the freeway. The damage wasn't nearly as bad but it was still annoying. Even more annoying when today, just 2 days after I got it back, the whole back end of my car is loose. Apparently they didn't tighten all the screws or something. I am very irritated by it, but I'll take it back in on Monday and see if they can get it right this time.
The cool thing about it, though, is that both cars who hit me were totaled but I drove away both times, even the first. So it's a sturdy little car!
1 comment:
what a cute little thing! what the heck is it? and how annoying about the accident. i hate stupid drivers. and even stupider witnesses...
Post a Comment