Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Off to the races...

Spring and summer are just around the corner (thank GOD. Even though this winter has been ridiculously mild so I can't complain) and you know what that means! Time for some runs! I picked up running awhile ago to lose and keep weight off and I have fallen in love with it. It's a time to clear my head, listen to some tunes, and get a good workout all at the same time. I have been researching upcoming races online and just registered for the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon. It will be my first half that I actually complete (I think I registered for one a couple years ago and ended up sleeping through it. Such dedication) so I'm excited for it. Not to mention the course will be stunning...see?



I got a little too excited I guess because I also signed up for the Thanksgiving Point 5k in April, mainly because the course goes through the Tulip Festival and they have the prettiest gardens! I can't wait to run through this (should probably load up on the Claritin first though)


I like doing these races and try and do a 5k or two every year...it's good motivation to stick to a running schedule.

No comments: