Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Car Woes



So this is my car. (well, one of them) Cute huh? Looks like a fun car to drive right? While I have enjoyed having it, I think this car has been more trouble than it's worth. Last night, I was happily driving home from work, playing some tunes, when suddenly it started dropping from 75 mph. I pushed the gas, nothing. So I had to pull over in rush hour traffic. It would start but wouldn't go...very strange. I had it towed and am still waiting on the diagnostic, but here's the fishy thing...it has been running perfectly. Never had any mechanical problems (except one when it was under warranty) until yesterday, when I had my oil changed and my rear differential fluid replaced. Not sure if that had any effect on it, but it just seemed weird that the first time I ever had any problem with it was when they messed around back there. So who knows. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg to fix.

And now that I'm on the subject, here are some gripes I have with it now that I've had it for a couple years:

1) No one sees it. It's so low to the ground that it's easy to overlook, which is why I've been hit by not one but 2 SUVs (on the freeway, no less). I was also rear-ended but that wasn't the size of the car's fault...

2) It's loud. I don't know if this has to do with the fact that it's a convertible or that it's been hit 3 times (they never drive the same after an accident...sigh) but it seriously sounds like I'm on a motorcycle if I'm trying to talk on the phone and drive at the same time.

3) It's TINY. I knew this going into it. But it's kind of annoying sometimes when my car will only fit a couple grocery bags and a 12-pack of diet coke. And my little dog. But that's about it. There is no trunk space to speak of since the gas tank and the top are the only things that fit. At least I'm never the one that they ask to drive anywhere :-)

It's been the perfect single girl car, but as those days are coming to a close, I think maybe my next car will need to be a little bigger.

No comments: