1) About a year ago, I met this guy:

His name is Trent. Quite simply, he is the man of my dreams. He is smart, handsome, funny, sensitive, sweet, caring, dedicated, hard-working...I could go on and on. He is a police officer, EQ president, and no joke, good at everything he does but always so humble. I'm really, really, really lucky to have him. I cut myself out of the top picture (taken in Indianapolis when we went to visit my family in Dec) because I looked hideous, but this one is us on New Years Eve:

2) Moved to Salt Lake City. Yes, Utah County wasn't really doing it for me. I am about 10 years older than the average resident and I was really getting tired of the whole scene. So, to be closer to Trent and to try something new, I rented out my house to some awesome renters and headed north. I have always wanted to live in the downtown of a large city, and Salt Lake is a good start. I love my little apartment and I love not having roommates.
Here is a stock photo of where I live (mine looks a lot like this, just all hardwoods)

3) Started a new job. A few years ago, I lost what was a really good job shortly after purchasing a home and buying a new car. I spent the next two years scrambling to make ends meet in a bad economy with contract jobs and a lot of freelance. Luckily I was able to keep my home and everything, and a few months ago I was offered a new job (in Provo...right after I moved, lol) that has proven to be an amazing opportunity. I work as the senior writer for a company that makes healthcare products. I work from home two days a week, have an awesome boss, fun coworkers, and a salary that is double what I was making at the job I lost. I couldn't be happier.
This is where I work. I love it.

4) Started grad school. Very exciting! I applied and got accepted to the Master of English program at Weber State. It's a little bit of a drive, but I'm excited to be working towards my master's and for the additional education and doors it will open up for me.
5) Started a business. It's still in the works, and it's not exactly up and running yet, but I started a business that I've been working on tirelessly for the past couple years. My brother Andy is helping me, and I am really encouraged and excited about it. It's legal and organized right now...all I need now are customers! More about what it is and what I'll be doing when I actually find some clients :-)
So these are the big highlights from this year. I'm excited to see what this coming year will bring!
1 comment:
wow jill! i am so happy for you! what a happy life!
Post a Comment